Monday, December 1, 2008

Golden Tee



This is my newest obsession: playing Golden Tee live at the bar. I started playing last August and got suckered into it by the lure of money. Apparently the machines are connected to the internet wireless, and if you send away for a card for 2$ you can play for money. A normal game online, or glory play, costs $4 per 18 hole course or 3$ for the front or back 9 of a course. With a card you can save your stats, earn clothing, buy clubs and balls for your golfer and be able to play for cash. If you select prize play its an extra dollar.

I've seen this game before in bars and never really thought much of it. I tried offline versions at bars with friends years ago, but the game never exactly wowed me. Well that changed last August when I noticed golden tee 08 at the WildCard. With better looking graphics, a card to save your stats and most importantly the chance to win money, I decided to give it a try. The game has a high learning curve, especially for me as I've never really played sports video games all that much in the past. It took me a while to grasp the basics of the game, and started off with scores of +30, but slowly but surely I was becoming slightly better. Nowadays my average is still only +6

150 games later I still have a lot to learn, and to even think about winning any money off the game I would have to score consistently in the -20's in division 1. Though I am just having fun improving my game and unlocking clothes. Lately I have received 3 other cards so I can play a 4 player game to improve my skills. I play on a golden tee 09 machine now, almost always Bonnie Moor as that is the easiest course on 09, glory contests of course. Below is my one and only youtube video of my player with a greatshot. If you get a greatshot of over 160 yards on a 09 machine it will prompt you to accept a video to Youtube. Sure its only an eagle on the 2cnd hole of Bonnie Moor, but it's a start.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Rootfish, nice dunk - welcome to the world of Golden Tee. If you want to learn how to get better, go to www.goldentee.com or www.underdogsports.com - it's where all the good players talk.

See ya on the boards.

- Duffer Dan

mijares said...

Ah thanks Dan. I have registered on the Golden tee website and have posed some questions under the name of Rootfish!. I've checked out those sites as well. I'm just now getting around to blogging about golden tee lol.